Monday, May 13, 2013

Running with Scissors

There are lots of NYC-based sitcom reruns on TV here.  Maybe everywhere, but I notice things about them now.  Seinfield, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, and of course, Sex in the City.  Remember the episode where Carrie is having the affair with Mr. Big and they go to a seedy hotel in a part of town they figure no one will know them.  The episode is called Running with Scissors.  The hotel is at 56th and 8th.  56th and 8th!!  That is me!  Well, between 8th and 9th but close enough.  I had the TV running in background and about fell out of my chair when I heard that.  They say the cross street several times, particularly when they run into Charlotte as they are coming out of the hotel.  "Who runs into anyone at 56th and 8th!"  So how long has Columbus Circle been here?  It is just a block over.  Btw, there is no hotel there.  Just more TV tomfoolery.

More pictures of Atrium - after the tulips.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment