Saturday, May 4, 2013

Now I would like to perform my smash hit, then I have to get back to work as your waitress

May 3, 2013.  Nice surprise for a Friday night!  Marianne, Kelly's girlfriend, texts me asking if I want to join her and her girlfriends when she gets out of Motown show.  Heck yeah!  Marianne is visiting her friend Michelle, who moved to NYC from Tampa last year to give her girls a better chance to fullfill their dreams in theatre.  Both very talented and incredible work ethic for (anyone!) those so young.  I asked Michelle how she keeps them grounded (both in major productions). No TV.  No reviews -- good or bad.  Lots of reading.  She might be onto something. 

We met up and they brought along another friend, Lisa.  We headed to an ol' stomping ground of Lisa's - Don't Tell Mama.  It is a Piano Bar where the staff take turns performing.  A small, narrow lounge across from a long bar, piano and stage at the back.  Cozy.  Loud.  Incredibly fun!  And only 10 SHORT blocks from APT.  I can walk a short block in about a minute.

 


We saw performances all night but my favorite was Elaine. Her BIO says it all in the last line "She has three kids and hopes to write some songs that they are allowed to listen to some day."  She was hilarious!

"Now I would like to perform my smash hit, then I have to get back to work as your waitress"  All I will write in this blog about her smash hit is that it's kinda like You Light Up My Life :))






No comments:

Post a Comment