Monday, April 8, 2013

High Line

Apparently, the city was going to dismantle an old rail line after it was no longer used and folks pulled together and turned it into a park >>NYC High Line. It is unusual to say the least.  I love, love the contrast of structure and randomness, plants & flowers in midst of rails, art and SOUND installations.  I took this walk on the first really nice, sunny day of Spring.  Who knew I wouldn't be the only person with this idea.  Dang, it was so crowded.  That is still taking some getting used to - people are everywhere.
Looking over side of High Line, Brazilian muralist Eduardo Kobra reimagines iconic images in kaleidoscopes of color. In his multistory mural along West 25th Street, he takes on Alfred Eisenstaedt’s photo “V-J Day in Times Square” 

This is how you do Coyote fence in NYC.



No comments:

Post a Comment