Sunday, April 14, 2013

THAT's my cousin!

My cousin Paige (Dad would always, literally always, ask her "what number are you?") came to NYC as a chaperon accompanying her youngest daughter, McKenna's class.  They had 29 in the group and an impressive itinerary -- highly structured, the only way to do it!

We decided to meet up Saturday night for dinner at Grand Central Station.  On the way, Paige and I txt'd back and forth timing and location.  We decided to meet at Chipolties right across street.  When I got there, I walked all around at least one entrance with no luck.  Grand Central Station is HUGE .. now I feared it could be anywhere around the perimeter.  There were a couple policemen standing close by - I always hate asking them directions because I know that is not their job - but I didn't want to get this close and miss them.  The cops told me of 2 different Chipolties, neither was 'right across the street'.  I thanked them and moved on to find a place to start txting so we could hone in the specific cross street.  About that time I heard someone in distance say "go ask that lady, she's looking for Chipolties too"  and then a "THAT'S my cousin!" It was hilarious!  Remarkable that we went to same entrance and even asked the same cop.  We had a good time and vowed to not let another 20 (or so) years go by before meeting up again!
Grand Central Station

Photo credit goes to Riley, who is grandson of Marlene .. my Mom's best friend in high school.

McKenna .. she's shy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment