Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wet streets, fake cops .. what could that mean?

April 21 2013.  Does this place ever slow down?  Spiderman 5, PROJECT NAME: SPE, picked my street to film in tonight.  We got the heads up on Saturday but then nothing happened so I thought we were a diversion location sneak peek. Today, things started happening.  Carol asked do they wet the streets down?  She had always heard that.  Lo and behold water trucks started showing up.  Then spotlights, cheery pickers, trailers, trucks from Paramont, Sony pictures, several black matte (like a primer) cars & SUVs, and a big, solid black Provo parked directly outside my window.  I believe where I am is mostly staging and shooting will likely take place a little closer to 8th Ave. 

I went downstairs to take a picture before it gets much darker since I don't have flash.  It still looked like a lot of prepping to me.  I walked back in and told Shawn (my doorman) it looked like they were still getting ready, I didn't see much. 
He said "you just passed 2 fake cops, actors dressed as NYPD!"
"Really? How did you know they were fake?"
"Their badges are on their arms and they aren't real NYPD badges"

"Good greif!  I thought they were real cops to handle crowd control .. like me!"



 
 
(I am back out again) I think that is the director w/ camera man on that top platform

Getting closer, no one is stopping me ... (the streets are definately wet)
 


I am so close it is like I am part of the production crew!  And here comes the guy to move me back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment